Tuesday 5 July 2011

My Life as a Wirawati


I was at the college when I received a news from my friend that I was selected to join PLKN end of the year through instant message.  I definitely not happy with that news.  Furthermore, both of my best friends  wasn’t selected. Very unfair. One day when I called home I received another bad news from my dad. I’ll be send to Kedah. OMG! I never thought it would be too far away. But when I came back home and have a looked at the letter actually I wasn’t posted in Kedah.  My dad kidding me! +_+”  On 28th of December I was unwillingly went to Pusat Latihan Khidmat Negara Kem Terkok Sungai Siput(U) , PERAK. Luckily my dearly besties, syida also went to the same camp as mine.

My first day at the camp didn’t  going well. I puked before I performed my maghrib prayer. Then I was sent to the camp clinic. The doctor checked my condition and gave me  medicines. He told me to take my dinner after that. I vomited because I didn’t take any meal for the whole day. And my stomach filled with air. But  I thrown out once again after I ate my dinner. Late at night when I walked back to my dorm I immediately called my mom. I told her what had happened while crying . I felt so down and helpless. My mom comforted me and she asked me to put some ointment to my stomach before I sleep. I felt so depressed during the day. Teachers were so cold towards us. They used to scold us and spoke to us with the high amplitude and pitch voice. =_=

Besides, I had a very packed timetable throughout the day. I had to wake up very early in the morning and sleep late at night. If I was duty for the night I had to stay up and guard the dorms for certain hours. Below was my schedule on the weekdays:

0515: wake up
0600-0625: subuh prayer
0630-0730: morning physical training (PT)
0730-0820: breakfast
0830-0900: strength checking*, briefing
0900-1030: character building (CB) class
1030-1100: recess
1100-1230: continue CB class
1230-1420: lunch, rest, pray
1430-1630: physical class
1630-1730: recess,  teatime, Asar prayer
1730-1815: strength checking, riadah
1815-1905: dinner, self
1915-2100: strength checking, Maghrib prayer, slot with ustaz, Isya’ prayer
2100-2230: night program**
2230-2300: strength checking, supper, briefing, PLKN anthem
1145: sleep!
*Strength checking was something like check for the attendance of each trainers .
**Night program would either be karaoke competition, watched movie or talked.

When I was as the camp I joined every activities held. But I was unable to join ‘wira jaya’ because I had a  ‘tempur tanpa senjata(tts)’ training  to perform during ‘Majlis Perasmian rakan cops’ at Tapah. I hate the most when I have to stand still for a longer period of time during strength checking. But, I have my friends and my dorm mate that always cheered up my day and make all the activities became more interesting and enjoyable. I love the moment when we shout till the top of our lung together and gave a support to my team mates during competition. They also warm and helpful. I never forget  they help me when my knee was injured after playing netball for our company. The team mate spirit was increased as the day passed. Near to the end of time, my company Charlie cheetah was declared as the best company for group 1 series 6 2009. We wore our lanyard as the symbol of honor.

During 3 months at the camp I was:

  1. Netball player for Charlie and we got third place
  2. Volleyball player for Charlie but we lose all the games
  3. Involved in marching during Camp Opening Day
  4. Involve in marching competition between company and we were the winner.
  5. One of the leader during navigation
  6. Joined tts performance for the Rakan Cop Launched Ceremony in Tapah.
  7. Joined marching performance for the Closing Ceremony for Group 1 Series 6 2009

A few best moment I will never forget during my time at the camp are:
  • I was in the group first detail first target seven during shooting. I  shot for  real using M16 .
  • It was the first time I donated my blood. Initially I was doubted to give the permission letter.  But with support from my dorm mate I did a very great decision.
  • I learned juggle the ball with my buddy. I managed to do step 7 . tas..tas.. lambung..
  • I performed nazam with my classmate
  • Laughed out loud with my friends
  • My dorm mate and I created a new marching style that we called ‘Kawad Kuda’

Every single moment we learned together was very meaningful. I  learned about the teamwork, other races custom and culture.  I gained a lot of new experiences while make friends with  others. I still contact with them seldomly either through Facebook or texting.  Life as wirawati start from 28th December till 11st march was kind of challenging, sadness yet there was still had an excitement and joyful! I miss those moment for sure.

my lovely dorm mate and i

i wrote notes everyday i spent at the camp so i won't forget it


i complained a lot!






2 comments:

teruna said...

congratulations on your victory.
saya adalah salah seorang ahli kumpulan bravo...
kami rasa menyesal kerana tidak mampu mempertahankan kemenangan kami...
sekali lagi TAHNIAH!!!

ezatieya said...

not my victory. it was our victory. neway, thanks. it wouldn't be a big deal. i was satisfied cause we had a fair games and enjoyed it.