Thursday 28 July 2011

It's Not a Big Deal

Have you ever think before everything had happened today was the result from the decision you took tomorrow or a few hours before or a few minutes before or even few seconds before? Without you realize it's true. And everything happened for a reason. Sure you have you own reason why you chose it to be that way.

Actually what i wanna talk here is about our life path. We chose to be the way we are till these days. Even there are some influences from others or our surrounding but the final decision maker will be ourselves.

Let’s go to the narrow subject. Nowadays people keep praising all those medical students. They put high expectation in them. Yes they are so good. But on my own view they are just ordinary person. Some of them are not excellent in their study during SPM nor foundation or matriks. They are about an average. But because of courage they have which other person don't have, they managed to find a right way with a sponsorship to further their study in medical field. I confidently said that, it's easier to be qualify taking this course in oversea rather than in our own country. The requirement is much lower especially in the Middle East and Indonesia. Because of the determination, those students willingly travel and went apart from their family. My personal opinion i can say that not only excellent students can take this course but the average student also able to. But they must work harder than their brilliant friends to find the way and make their dreams come true

Some people did asked me why i didn't further my study in medical field. Now i know the exact answer for it. It’s because i can't give my heart to the fullest for this field. During my secondary school all i know there's only two routes i can go after receive my SPM result. Either medical or engineering. It’s like trend. Most of us think of this both options during that day. But because i realized i wasn't that good in my mathematic subject and i tired of facing them so i tend to choose medical field. However i when my counselor asked us to prepared our career folio i chose psychologist as my future career. Seem like i don't have a real plan yet.

My SPM result was flying with a pink color. I applied MARA scholarship and went for interview. Instead i received an offer to do medical twining program with India medical university from JPA. It’s such a great offer. It’s much more better to take a JPA scholarship instead of MARA. This because MARA provide half-scholarship. if you did well and graduate with excellent result you only have to pay back a small percent of it and work with them for years. they will cut out some of it. If not you have to pay the exact amount as they support you during your study. It’s some sort of loan. But with JPA you don't have to pay back. It’s fully sponsor. You only have to work with government for years.

Even though i know how great the offer but i rejected it. I don't know why. To be honest i really don't have any interest when hear that good news. I also received a letter from MSU asked me to go for interview for medical program sponsor by MARA. But i didn't show up during the day. They even called me twice and told me to go but i ignored it.

So i continue my long-journey-prepared-for-the-better-future at Center of Science Foundation University of Malaya (PASUM) in life science stream. Day passed and i realized i started to have an interest in dental field. Seriously i aimed for it. Their working field sounds interesting. There’s a fact that our country was critically insufficient of dentist. I know my goal during my second semester. Luckily i did well in my exam again.

My first choice was dentistry. However when the result was out i didn't managed to put myself as one of the dentistry student. Bachelor of Pharmacy at University of Malaya. My heart stops pumping. OMG! it wasn't my first choice! No matter how hard, i have to accept this. It’s still a part of my choice that i chose when i filled up the UPU form.

After i got to know this field well, day after day passed i started to love it. It’s undeniable that i lost my strength at first. But with supports from family and my love one i managed to endure every difficulties i faced. My first semester result wasn't bad even this course comes with tough-brutal-harder subjects. With the result i believed in myself that i can carry on my journey to become a successful pharmacist. We as pharmacy student was automatically provide with JPA scholarship. I don't have to apply for it or to go for interview. The chance i let go once upon the time come back to me but with different course taken.

Even till this day i don't feel any regretful in myself because of my own decision. But i wonder how would i become today if i accept the first offer. Never mind. It’s not a big deal to me. Doctor or pharmacist wouldn't be much differs. We still give our best for the community to have a better living. Everything i faced today is the result i did yesterday. Thanks God with His guidance i manage to do a great decision.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salam,
I just ran into your blog from another pharmacy blog, and I loved this post. I am an American Muslim female, I just graduated with my bachelors in engineering but I'm considering pursuing pharmacy school, which is basically another four years of studying. Your attitude is fit for a good life, keep it up inshaAllah!

All the best,