Saturday 21 May 2011

pharmacy student

        From the title you'll can guess my entry this time is all about. I've been as pharmacy student for 2 semesters. A lot of stories. It's full of joys, cheerful, happiness, sadness, toughness, challenges, difficulties and busyness.  That the reality for being students. but being one of the UM pharmacy student was the best choice I had done.

        On the day result for university acceptance came out, I was disappointed to know I got an offered to do degree in pharmacy. I cried by myself alone while my eyes keep staring at the monitor screen. It was my third choice when I fill up the UPU form. My first choice to do dentistry in UM followed by dentistry in UKM.

      While the others I just put it without considered it too much. According to the term applied, I was able to take that course. They qualification for those who got 3.7 above. I got 3.89 for my CGPA.  I won't able to get 4flat because my math was A- while the other subject which were biology, chemistry and physics i got A’s. piece of advice for all the juniors. Beware! Make sure you all get 4flat during foundation especially PASUM students.

        I was unwillingly took this course. What to do. I planned to change my course as I got there. After one weeks orientation we started attend the classes. For all pharmacy freshies, we had another 3 weeks orientation conducted by seniors. It was a tradition since a long time ago. The orientation weeks was likely to known as pharmily weeks.

       Throughout the weeks, we had to reach faculty by 7.30am. It was the most suffered weeks. Whenever we had a free time we need to let seniors know. Seniors used that time to meet us. We were given tasks. One of the task was, we had to collect 90 senior signatures. We  were required  to search for their background details,  approached them, and we were given tasks before we got their signature. It's very hard to approached them. With some courage I managed to push myself and did those task.  Seniors warned us if we didn’t managed to get all 90 signature, we won’t given buddies. So had to struggle for it.

       At the end of the pharmily weeks, we as a freshies need to held an event. It was annual gathering. all of us performed during that day. The event was successful. This was the first time seniors regarded us as their juniors. We were now officially accepted to become part of the society. Day by day, I realized that I started to enjoy my life I had with my course mate. I changed my mind. I won't change my course. At first I worried because I don’t think I had very strong basic in chemistry. My physics was better than chemistry. I also shocked when I found I never got other than A during PASUM for my physics. Thanks God!

       Pharmacy society was one of the most active society in UM. We have a lot of activities throughout a year. I glad to be part of it. A lot of benefits I gained. I’d learned new things. I make friends. The most things which encouraging me were this quotes:

"we vow to put sacrifice above self to uphold the professionalism as a pharmacy"
and also this 
"we are your drug expert" 


i am the future pharmacist. but before i can reach to that stage i need to go through another 3 years. i hope i can endure every difficulties. i have to face it. hope God make it easy for me. towards becoming drug expert!




No comments: